During this tour a private oficial guide will show you all the hidden corners of the Sacromonte neighbourhood.
A quarter whose backbone is the ‘Via Sacra’ or the Camino del Monte’, which will lead us to the main part of this tour: The Abbey of Sacromonte, very rich in history and Works of art, and a place with a high religious value, specially for the gipsy population, of which still many families live in the caves, where they have settled since the occupation of Granada by the Christian Kings and where they still continue with their traditions, such as the typical Zambra dancing (gipsy flamenco). The former name of this area was ‘the valley of Paradise’, in those days and in these days a privileged place, with stunning views of the Alhambra.
• Price per group:
- Monday to Friday: 128,16 € + 21% vat
- Bank holidays: 158,18 € +21% vat
* This price does not include any entrance fees or transport.
* Extra charge of 3 € to the Sacromonte Abbey.
• Maximum number of participants per group is 30. For groups over 30 a second guide will be required.
• The duration of the tour will be between 2 ½ and 3 hours.
• Languages: please choose your language. Available are guides in spanish, french, english, portuguese, german, italian, danish, dutch, russian, swedish...
• Places which will be visited: We will Start the tour of the abbey with a visit to its magnificent cloister. As well the sacristy and the museum, with important pieces of art, such as Arab handwritings and the so called ‘lead books’ will be visited. We will continue visiting the church, with the ashes of the martyrs. We will finish the visit in the holy caves. Next we will head to the city center, making our way through the Albaycin, following the ‘Cuesta del Chapiz’, ‘paseo de los tristes’ to finish in Plaze Nueva, known for its terraces and tapa bars.
• Payment: By credit card (amex no) or bank transfer at least 2 days before starting the tour.
• Meeting point: To be told by your guide.
The fields marked with (*) are required